If you’re looking for some of the best dental crowns Dallas has to offer, head on over to Silk Dental. Complete with a friendly medical staff and dental equipment, our goal is to provide our patients with nothing less than the best. This applies to everything from our general family dentistry to the most technical of cosmetic procedures.
If you check out our Dental Crowns page, you’ll learn a few things about what goes into some of the most high quality dental crowns Dallas locals can gain access to. We’ll help you out by summarizing some of the most important things you need to know about dental crowns.
What types of Dental Crowns are there?
- All Metal Crowns – Strong but not very visually appealing
- Metal + Porcelain – May cause the gum line to darken, which isn’t always aesthetically appealing.
- All-Porcelain or All-Ceramic – Best for a natural dental look
- CEREC One Visit Crowns – These are computer-assisted crowns that are fitted by a computer to be as precise as possible.
How are the traditional Dental Crowns in Dallas Fitted and Placed?
- A local anesthetic will be used to numb the area around the tooth
- We will then clean the tooth, removing any decay
- To allow the crown to sit comfortably in place, we will reshape the tooth
- A mold or impression of the tooth is then made using dental putty to serve as guide to create the crown
- You will receive a temporary crown until the real one can be made
- At a second visit, you will have your temporary crown removed and the outer surface of the tooth will be covered and roughened with a special etching acid
- The dentist will place the crown on your tooth and it is firmly bonded to your tooth with dental cement!
To learn more about these amazing dental crowns Dallas professionals here at Silk Dental offer, check out our Dental Crowns page. To schedule your appointment, fill out the form here or give us a call at 214-220-2424 today!